Friday, July 15, 2011

Meal times at the Deitrick's house

As I was trying to think of something to make for dinner tonight it occurred to me, I no longer think about dinner times the same. When I'm thinking of something for dinner my first thought is, will the boys eat this? Next thought, how messy will they get eating this? Next thought, how hard is this going to be to scrub off the table and floor and occasionally wall? And of course somewhere in the middle of all those thoughts I am also trying to pick healthy things for them to eat, especially since I have two very picky eaters. So tonight after dinner and after bedtime when I returned to the kitchen to clean I began to scrub watermelon sticky spots from everywhere and I decided I really REALLY want a picnic table to have in our backyard. At least when the weather permits it would be a lot easier.

3 comments:

  1. Dylan & Chris are a little young for it, but after cleaning up some whoppers myself, I recently started having Caidan & Carter clean up their own messes. If they wipe fingers on the wall, they clean it. They actually like it, which is kind of nice for me. I may have to go back over something now & then, but it's taken a lot of the work out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a genius idea. Remember your picnic table we'd eat sandwiches on in the summer? That was the best. Also, remember when we'd fill my rock box up with water and "swim"? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yes, I was actually just talking about that with Sherry. I've been wanting to get a little table like I had for Dylan and Chris too. The tables I really want though are like the ones that you had that are the bench but fold into a picnic table. I love those!

    I've been trying to have Dylan start cleaning up his messes but he doesn't do a good job at all yet. But he is good at cleaning floor boards :)

    ReplyDelete