Friday, June 6, 2014

Trying to count my blessings

I am a little embarrassed about how long it has been since I have posted anything.  Writing really helps me to clear my head and I really need to do it more often.  The past few weeks have been full of trials and heartbreak and honestly looking for the positives in life has been hard.  Luckily two of my biggest blessings call me Mom and constantly do things that amaze and humble me.  

This past week Dylan woke up with more excitement than usual for an early morning (the boys obviously get their love of mornings from their Mom).  He was so excited to tell me about what happened after he went to bed.  He said when he was in bed he couldn't find his teddy, his teddy he has had since he was a baby and sleeps with EVERY night.  Dylan told me how sad he was, but then he thought of something he could do.  He knew that if he said a prayer Heavenly Father would help him find his teddy, so he said a prayer and after he finished he found his teddy.  Seriously one of the proudest Mommy moments I have had seeing his testimony grow!  

Yesterday (Thursday) was one of those days full of trials and tears.  We went to bed late Wednesday and hardly slept, we put an offer on a home that we fell in love with.  We were so excited to hopefully get good news the next day.  Thursday started like any other weekday, Kelly's alarm going off, him hitting snooze, his alarm going off again and him hitting snooze, again.  Finally after kicking him out of bed so I could go back to sleep while the boys were still asleep I heard a terrible commotion of dogs freaking out upstairs.  Our two dogs and my sisters.  They weren't just freaking out it was a something is wrong kind of bark.  Kelly had been upstairs when this happened and knew something was wrong too.  He ran out side and found a big husky in our backyard shaking our poor old cat for all it was worth.  Our other cat, this cats brother (we've had both cats for over 14 years) ran and was attacking the dog.  Kelly grabbed a shovel and was able to chase the dog off.  But at that point the damage had already been done.  The damn dog had broken Garfield's back.  It was at this point that Kelly came downstairs and instead of kissing me goodbye and leaving for work he told me I needed to come upstairs and that the cat was hurt, bad.  We tried to move him but he was in so much pain and it just made it worse.  We called animal control.  We waited over an hour for animal control to get here.  While all this was going on, we got the not so good news about the house offer too.  It was blow after blow.  So for over and hour we watched the cat suffer and watched our other cat, his brother staying with him.  We tried and tried to find the dog that had done this but didn't have any luck.  Until hours later one of our neighbors saw it out killing their chickens.  They called animal control who responded a little quicker that time and they caught the dog.  This dog had been out for around 4 hours, killing.  The thing that makes me so angry is that they returned the dog to it's owner, who lives at the end of our street.  What happens if it gets out again?  What if it isn't an animal it hurts next time?  I was never so happy to see a day come to an end.  Friday has been just the type of day I needed.  We packed a picnic and Grandma, Jordyn and the boys and I headed off to the park.  It was such a peaceful, relaxing time.  As I began to gather up the garbage one of my amazing little blessings began picking up garbage that other people had left.  He wanted to leave the park cleaner than we found it and make it nice for the animals.  Another huge humbling, amazing Mommy moment when I get to see that some of the things we are trying so hard to teach them is actually sticking.  

Nothing even comes close to being able to clear my head and bring my heart peace as moments like those.  I'm so thankful for those moments that Heavenly Father gives me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment