Wednesday, November 7, 2012

FYI Political Drama (and rant)

         I haven't blogged in a long long time and I've been dying to start again, but finding a spare minute has been really hard.  Yesterday and today were some of the most frustrating days and I have so many emotions that I just can't sit still.  I need to vent and I need to feel like my opinion is heard.
         Having a husband in the army is such a trying thing.  I am so proud of him and the sacrifices he's making to support our family through his hard work and service.  While he hasn't been deployed YET he's  at the beginning of his term and has 6 more years to go.  He's already spent 6 months away from our boys and me and that was the longest 6 months of my life.  I felt like he missed out on so much.  There were so many little moments with the boys that he didn't get to be there for and that will always make me sad.  But such is the army lifestyle and we knew that having long periods of time of him being gone just goes with it.  But one thing I was not prepared for was that basically the army (commander in chief) makes crucial decisions for our family.  They determine when he's called up and if he gets transferred and when he works.  With the results of the last election done and over with I'm even more terrified.  I have no faith in Obama and the way he handled Benghazi and treated the families that lost their loved ones made me sick.  I can not get the thought out of my head that this man is commander in chief for my husband and family.  How can I have faith that he would give a damn about my husband if/when he gets deployed?  
        I was so hopeful for the election that our country could change the direction it was headed and have someone that I could at least respect in office.  As nervous and anxious and frustrated as I am I can only imagine how my husband feels.  Because he's the one, who if called up is willing to put his life on the line.
        Our opinions are important to us and last night was so hard.  Our spirits were crushed.  I don't know what the future of the country is or if Kelly will get deployed.  But I'm trying to move on.  I will pray for this country and our military and put my trust in Heavenly Father. I kept rereading a post from a friends blog and I can't express the comfort it brings.

"Whether or not the fabric of America is going to change forever with this new administration is unknown at this point. It just may be that America will not be the great nation she once was, as Mike and others fear. But I say, if that is to happen... I would be very sad, but the point of this life and this world was not that America should be great, but that the Kingdom of God should be built upon it [the world]. America served as the vehicle through which this restoration was able to take place. The things that are greatest about this nation are ours because God granted them to us, and inspired a government to be set up that would allow those freedoms to prosper. Whatever happens to this country will not change what our Father in Heaven has in store for us."
       
         




No comments:

Post a Comment