Saturday, February 18, 2012

The dork on the bike....

Okay, first off, Kelly finally called! It was so nice to talk to him even though it was a sad overall phone call. I'll be the first to admit I'm a baby. I miss him like crazy. But talking to him on the phone really helped give me the boost I needed to have a positive out look. He is working so so hard to make a better life for our family so while he is working hard away from us I need to work that hard taking care of everything at home and our boys.

Now back to the dork on the bike. Yesterday I bought a bike trailer. I grew up next to the Provo river and river trail and now that I'm back there I wanted to take advantage of it again. So since today was kind of the warm before the storm I decided we needed to get out and take it for a test drive. It was a little chilly out but no too bad, until I was sailing down the road on my bike with trailer in tow and realized how freaking cold my ears were getting. Well back to the first part of the story, I'm a baby. So I pulled over and pulled my hood on and pulled the little strings so it was scrunched around my head and kept my ears nice and warm. The only thing sticking out were my nose and sunglasses. I enjoyed a very nice bike ride with the boys after that and only passed a few people that gave me an awkward smile. And Dad, I'm sorry you had to go for a bike ride with a dork.

2 comments:

  1. Just picturing that is hilarious. Remember our secret pathway to get to the lake? I loved living so close to the river trail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes. It's going to be a fun summer taking the boys down the trail. Do you remember that huge fish thing we saw in the stream by the lake that no one would believe us about?

    ReplyDelete