Friday, February 17, 2012

A child's alphabet

Dylan has been working on learning all his letters and alphabet and all of that fun stuff. So we have a game that doesn't really have a name but we go through the alphabet and say things that start with each letter. He actually has been doing really well meth this but the last time we played it I could not have been more amazed. We started out the game like normal. A is for Alligator and apple. B is for bubbles and book. C is for Christopher and cookie and Cooper. D is of course for Dylan and dinosaur. Well so on and so on. We come to the letter I. Each time I say a letter I pause and let Dylan say a word first. There was no hesitation to the letter I, he shouts Ipod! I was kind of taken back for a second because that was one we'd never used and I didn't even think he knew what an ipod was. So in my moment of hesitation I get a very very exasperated sigh from Dylan and then he starts to explain, "Mom, it's like a computer, you know?" Wow. He sure thinks he's a smartie pants.

1 comment:

  1. Giggle! What a guy! He'll be teaching you techy stuff the rest of his life :) Thanks, Dylan, for filling your mom in on the latest technology - and connecting it with learning the alphabet no less!

    ReplyDelete