Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dylan trouble

Let's go back to last Saturday. I'd gone to bed and woke up to Dylan coughing and hardly breathing and a fever. So this was around midnight and with nothing else open I took him to the ER. There diagnosis was that he had croupe. They gave him a breathing treatment and an oral dose of steroids to help with the swelling and help him be able to get some sleep (and Mommy too) Well he's slowly been getting better but still coughs a lot at night. Since Saturday and since he's not been sleeping very well I've become even more of a light sleeper than usual, listening for any sound that he needs help or is getting really sick again. Well last night everyone was in bed. I was almost asleep and the boys had been asleep for a couple hours when I was jerked back from the verge of sleep by Dylan crying and coughing. I ran in his room to check on him. He was so upset and crying and coughing I could hardly understand him. Then I finally got him calmed down enough to understand what he was saying.... He was asking for candy. I made him repeat this 2 or 5 times just to be sure I heard him right and sure enough he was asking for me to go get him candy. At this point I'm relieved he was okay but still confused enough to not be too upset that I wasn't still in bed asleep. Needless to say he didn't get the candy he wanted and had to go right back to sleep.

1 comment: